Sunday, November 16, 2008

Joining the NHL 09 Community

I posted this up on the EASPORTS.com NHL09 boards and thought I would share it here as well.

_______________________________________________________________

I read this whole thread while watching my Canucks beat up on the Leafs on PVR...good times and great community here.

The name's sk88z. Represents my 2 favourite sports: #88WR when I played football in school and 'skates' for my love of hockey.

I'm on old skool gamer: 1st EA SPORTS game was Madden on the Genesis way back when. First played NHL in 94 in the dorms at UBC - Go T-Birds - and when the PS2 came out the gf thought it would be a good idea to get one because we didn't have a DVD player at the time and she knew I kinda wanted one, so she picked one up for my bday one year. I've been gaming ever since. Yes, I married her;)

Teams I watch or keep tabs on: Vancouver Canucks - Bobby Lou is the man. My love-hate realationship with the 'nucks go back to '82 when it was only when they were playing was I able to stay up late and watch TV with the ol' man. King Richard, Snepts, Smyl, Gradin, oh man. Great home stretch this week. Glad Demitra's back.
BC Lions - sooooo close, argh! time to get the clubs out and catch a plane to some warmer weather.
Buffalo Bills - fan since those SB days...praying for them to win the big one just once before I die. best fans in the NFL.
NY Jets - how can this be? I respect the old guy playing QB there. Favre's passion goes well beyond what 'should make sense' and that's why on any given Sunday (or Thursday) he can gunsling his way to the top of the AFC East.

To answer the question before it's asked... Bills over Jets.

Currently playing NHL and a little Madden and looking forward to NCAA BB release this week.

Though new to the boards, I've come by time to time over the past year as the activity has grown into one of the most vibrant communities in sports gaming. Main job here is to work with you all to get the issues to the team and maybe kick some butt online if there are any takers (I'm all talk...I'd say I'm your average player on the sticks ;)

See you online.

EAS.com NHL09 Forum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive