Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Here to help

It's been a while. Sure I've been busy with the new job and getting up to speed in my new role back at EA and sure it's seems like days have gone by so fast with the amount of work I've tasked for myself; so when I do actually come by here to write something, inspired, do I come to write about work? Maybe I've decided to write about how great it is to be back at the Mother Ship and how I know I'm up for the challenge of managing communities for multiple titles. Maybe I'll write about the excitement that comes with the launch of another EAS title as NCAA Basketball 09 ships this week.

For the past few weeks I've been working longer days, starting work earlier than I ever have, and even coming home and perusing forums to maintain a pulse on what the word is on each title. Today I actually felt a kink in my neck that just didn't seem to go away. Avoiding stress manifested.

Tonight as I look at 12 tabs open and behind me my X360 on the new LIVE Experience dashboard, I hear a someone tumble down some stairs outside followed by a small boy's cry.

I sit in my chair, ear wide open, and listen to see if everything is ok...maybe it's just a sprain. Then the boy cries more and the woman who slipped on the step lets out a small moan and hollers out for help to her sister and niece who had gone inside before her. I continue to listen as the boy's fearful cry drowns out the panicking family members who frantically attempt to lift her onto her feet. The woman fears the worst and refuses to move; the pain is just too much.

"I'll call an ambulance!" I hear from the niece.

I decide not to be another ear in the distance only to listen. I look and see that the woman was carrying her son who was sound asleep. She had missed a step losing grip of her child and putting her own body in harms way adjusts to maintain her grip on the child but tripping and falling waking him in her arms.

I ask the niece to take the boy inside while I assess the situation. I ask her to take a few deep breaths. Little does she know I've already started the flow. I sense that she's in pain near the bottom of her right leg which she has bent at the knee. I ask her where her pain is and she points to the lower leg. I ask to her if it's ok to put my hand on her foot.

"Can you feel my hand?" I ask to help check for broken bones.

"Yes. It's very warm."

I smile and look at her and she seems much calmer. Her sister is there and looks on, slightly confused yet grateful for the help.

"I work with energy. It's called Reiki, a form of hands on healing." They both just nod and I continue to focus on her ankle.

I ask where else she hurts and explain that with every deep breath the pain slowly dissipates. She holds the back of her head. I see it. The bag of ice that I thought would be for her sprained ankle would be better used to take care of the soon-to-be bruise on the back of her head.

I place both hands on her ankle and though I've felt the flow of energy many times, each and every time it flows just a little stronger. I know she felt something, I sensed she fully accepted the healing that flowed through me.

I helped to carry her with her older son up her driveway, a flight of steps, and into her house. The family had her from there. I sensed a sprain, maybe some ligament damage, but no broken bones (possibly some bruised pride which I mentioned to her with a smile).

As she sat down and exhaled a deep breath, the rest of the family looked over to me with a smile.

"Thank you," she and the family said nearly in unison.

"It was nothing. You're most welcome."

It really was nothing to the point that it wasn't me. During the moment, I am only the conduit through which the universal flow can freely move and connect with others. I have practiced the healing art of Reiki for close to 8 years now. Funny thing, until this point I rarely shared it with anyone but me and my family. Why? Let me ask you one question,

"Do you believe me or think I'm crazy?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive